Sunday, August 1, 2010

emotions

We had to say good-bye to G'pa and G'ma Crull earlier than what was planned ~ Great G'pa Kelley was not doing well and Great G'ma needed G'pa and G'ma Crull to come home.

I do not think I realized the distance of our move until that moment. When my parents decided to take off after the phone call with my G'ma Kelley, it was discussed whether it would take 2 or 3 days to get back to Iowa. They had taken their time coming to WA, which was a 3 day journey. I felt horrible, as if I was taking time away from my mom and her dad.

The emotions started as they left. The kids were so sad that they had to say good-bye to my parents, which in turn tore my heart to see. I was sad the rest of the day ~ that we had made the decision to take our kids away from both of their G'parents and the relationships that had been beautifully developing for the past 5 years.

I am still sad.

No comments: